Monday, August 07, 2006

One Journalist's Opinion on International Blogging



Received this e-mail today:

Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 15:31:11
From: kimberlymonet@gmail.com
To: thebloggerbuzz@yahoo.com

Subject: Journalism use of blogs in Egypt

Hi, my name is Kimberly Adams, and I am a freelance journalist working in Cairo, Egypt. I know here and in a lot of the developing world, people use blogs to rant or post news and photos about government abuses and activities. Particularly, in countries where freedom of the press is limited, individuals and organizations are using blogs to reach out to each other and to the international media.

I know that I keep abreast of what is going on in the political activist community by reading several blogs, and I know friends at the AP and at newspapers and at Fox News in London that keep tabs on various regions via blogs.

There was a survey conducted a few years ago on "elite" media's (aka, big organizations) use of weblogs in their news process. I'll try to track it down if I can...

Regards and good luck on your workshop,
Kimberly M. Adams

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home