Friday, August 18, 2006

Blogging at NABJ

I'm sitting in an NABJ workshop on blogging. This is a subject near and dear to my heart. I have had my own blog since 2005, about whatever happens to be on my mind at the moment. If you go there now -- http://benet_world.blogspot.com -- you'll see my review of the movie "Snakes on a Plane." I was among a group of 38 geek fanatics who saw it at the 10:00 pm sneak peek showing last night at the Circle 9 UA Theater in Indianapolis.

I am the airports/TSA/security editor for a aviation trade publication in D.C. I'm also a die-hard aviation/airlines geek -- my job just also happens to be one of my hobbies. I'm in a battle to let the powers that be allow me to blog about my beat, which happens to be pretty hot right now. I'm hoping that by attending this session, I can arm myself with data, information and facts that will bolster my case to write a blog attached to my publication.

The entry on my blog before the "Snakes" entry happens to be a sample of the type of blog I'd like to do -- it was a piece on a Wiki that tells business travelers where they can power up their laptops, Ipods and cell phones at airports across the world. It doesn't quite fit into my publication, but it's still something that subscribers or anyone with an interest in airports might find interesting. So I'm glad to be here in Indianapolis, and I hope that attending these sessions will be enough to push the suits over the edge and give blogging a try.

Ms. Benet Wilson
Washington, D.C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home